FOR DEGREE STUDENTS
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR:: DIBRUGARH UNIVERSITY:DIBRUGARH
Memo No.: DU/DR-A/8-1/12/1552 Date: 18.01.2013
The marks allotted for Internal Assessment (20%) in each course shall be based on the following:
(a) Sessional Examination I (Written): 25% of the marks allotted for Internal Assessment
(b) Sessional Examination II (Written): 25% of the marks allotted for Internal Assessment
(c) Seminar/ Group Discussion etc.: 25% of the marks allotted for Internal Assessment
(d) Attendance : 25% of the marks allotted or Internal Assessment
The marks of Internal Assessment for Attendance shall be awarded as below:
Range of % of Attendance Marks to be awarded
|80% to less than 85%||2|
|85% to less than 90%||3|
|90% to less than 95%||4|
|95% to 100%||5|
Provided that one (1) mark for attendance shall be awarded to the candidates falling under Non-collegiate category within the range of 70% to less than 80% attendance, who are allowed to appear in the end-semester examination of the concerned semester.
The above shall be effective from 2013-14 academic session.
- The Vice-Chancellor, Dibrugarh University for favour of information.
- The Registrar, Dibrugarh University for favour of information.
- The Controller of Examinations, D.U. for favour of information and needful.
- The Director, College Development Council, D.U. for favour of information.
- The Director, Directorate of Distance Education, D.U. for favour of information.
- The Deputy Controllers of Examinations (A, B & C), D.U. for favour of information and the needful.
- The Principals of the Colleges/ institutes affiliated to/ permitted by D.U. conducting the B.A./ B.Sc./ B.Com. Programmes for favour of information and the needful.
- The System Administrator (Internet), D.U. for information and with a request to upload the notification in the D.U. Website.
The division for 20 % (marks) is as follows:
- Attendance – 5 Marks
- Two In- Semester Examination – 10 Marks
- Home Assignment/ Viva – 5 Marks
FOR H.S. STUDENTS
- Every student is required to attend all classes (lectures/tutorials/practicals).
- A student must have 75% attendance to be eligible as a regular candidate to appear in the
- H.S. examination.
- A student who attends 60% of the classes shall however be allowed to appear in the examination as non collegiate candidate on payment of a prescribed non-collegiate fee. No candidate shall be allowed to appear in the H.S. examination with attendance below 60% in theory classes.
- A student must attend all practical classes and perform all practicals as required under the regulations of the AHSEC.
During the academic session, in addition to class tests two sessional tests shall be conducted to evaluate the students of both the Higher Secondary and Degree Courses. This will help them in identifying their strength and weakness and result in academic advancement.
The tests will be conducted by the respective departments. Tentative dates of the same are given in the Academic Calendar. A detailed programme will be communicated to the students by the departments in due course.
It is compulsory for every student to come to the college in full uniform. The college has prescribed uniform for boys and girls as:
FOR DEGREE STUDENTS
Boys : Green Striped Shirt , Grey formal Trousers, Black Sweater/Blazer
Girls: White Chadar-mekhela with Green border (pari) and Green Blouse, Black Sweater/Blazer;
Off-white Salwar Kurta with Green Striped Dupatta, Black Sweater/Blazer
NOTE: JEANS, CHURIDAR, LEGGINGS, STRICTLY PROHIBITED
All students are expected to be dressed properly.
Students must DISPLAY their Identity Cards on their person in the college campus.
BREACH OF DISCIPLINE ANYWHERE (inside or outside the College campus) IS LIABLE TO DISCIPLINARY ACTION THAT INCLUDES WARNING AND/OR FINE, AND/OR SUSPENSION/EXPULSION FROM CLASSES, FROM EXAMINATION OR EVEN FROM THE COLLEGE.
FOR H.S. STUDENTS
Boys: Dark Brown formal Trousers and Cream Shirt.
Girls: Cream Salwar & Kameez and Dark Brown dupatta.
Dark Brown sweater/ Blazer (for all)
An identity card will be issued to each student at the time of admission in the college. The identity card will contain relevant information of the I-card holder with a recent passport size photograph duly endorsed by the principal. A student must carry the identity card in the college. If I-card of a student is lost he/she is to obtain a duplicate one from the office of the Principal by paying Rs. 200/- as fine for the same.
RULES OF DISCIPLINE
Study Courses in the college are full time. No student’s cannot take any other full time course simultaneously. Violation of this provision will lead to disciplinary action.
- Students are responsible for their conduct. Nor breach of discipline & rules within the campus she be tolerated.
- Students shall take proper care of the college property, furniture and premises. They
- must not cause any damage or tamper with the college property.
- Students shall conduct themselves in a polite manner both towards the member’s of the staff (Administrative and Teaching) and towards their fellow students.
- Students shall maintain silence in classrooms and desist from demonstration and disorderly behaviour.
- Students shall leave their bicycles, scooters or motorcycles locked in the parking shed provided for the purpose. No vehicle shall be parked in any other part of the building.
- Ragging in any form in the college is strictly prohibited and any student found indulging in such activity shall be handed over to police custody.
- No society can be formed in the College without the permission of the Principal nor shall any person be invited to address a meeting without the prior permission of the College authority.
- Student’s shall not bring into the College campus any article which is dangerous and/or disruptive influence on the academic environment.