PERSPECTIVE PLAN(2020 -2030)
The DHSK College has prepared a Perspective Plan for the period of 10 years commencing form academic year 2020 to academic year 2030 by taking into consideration the quality indicators of seven criterions determined by NAAC and the features of the NEP 2020. The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of the college has taken all initiatives in preparation of the Perspective Plan. Inputs from all stakeholders, their expectations, management policies and goals and objectives of the college are measured as baselines for conceptualization of the Perspective Plan.
The IQAC plays a vital role in maintaining and improving the quality of the institution and suggests quality measures. Feedback from all the stakeholders taken into consideration the IQAC recommendations stands some innovative ideas which are incorporated in Perspective Plan. Student feedback mechanism, self appraisal by teachers, teachers empowerment programmes, faculty improvement programmes, encouraging teachers for research are some of the measures taken for at priority quality sustenance and enhancement as a strategy.
The draft of the Plan has been discussed, reviewed and approved in different committees and at last approved by the Governing Body of DHSK College. It is a sincere effort of the IQAC to prepare the framework for collective efforts of all stakeholders of the college directed towards the achievement of the desired goals and objectives.
- Curricular Aspects
Conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit:
The college shall conduct academic audit of the college to know the performance of the College in academic, research and extension, curricular, co-curricular, extra-curricular, augmentation of academic infrastructure, student progression, innovative practices, financial management, office management, library management etc. by invited peer team of expert educationalists and administrators and follow up action shall be initiated on their recommendations.
Strengthening of Existing Programmes:
- Quantitative Enhancement of number of PG Programmes
The College shall gradually introduce PG programmes in the teaching departments Assamese, Anthropology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Life Sciences in consonance with existing government rules and university guidelines.
- b) Introduction of UG Programmes:
The College shall introduce UG Honours programme in Bengali.
- Introduction of New Programmes
- The institute shall introduce following new programmes in the near future:
Bachelor of Mass Communication
NCC as elective course in the UG programmes
Physical Education as elective subject the B.A programme
- Other Programmes that are planned to be started:
Diploma in Web Designing.
Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management.
Certificate in Web Designing.
Certificate in Travel and Tourism Management.
Certificate in Photography and Videography.
Certificate in GIS and Remote Sensing.
Certificate in Desk-Top Printing and Photoshop Designing.
Certificate in Rural Development and Tribal Studies.
Other certificate courses with focus on the Skill Development Component emphasized in NEP 2020.
- Augmentation of Academic Infrastructure:
- Total digitization of the Central library.
- Construction of a New Library building.
- New classrooms shall be constructed to facilitate new academic programmes..
- A multi storied building shall be constructed to meet the need of a Cultural Research Centre. The main features of the building will contain a Museum, an Art Gallery, A Conference Hall along with Classrooms and workshops.
- College shall set up a Language Laboratory.
- Lectures of all the teachers shall be recorded and deposited as a Bank of Learning Materials.
- There is a long term plan to initiate the construction and augmentation of all Laboratories, Science Resource Centre, Computer Laboratory and offices for N.S.S., N.C.C. etc.
Strengthening of Existing Programmes:
- Enhancement of the use of ICT in Teaching-Learning System:
- Introduction of different computer courses
The college shall increase the use of innovative teaching- learning resources like LCDs, power point presentations, models, internet connections, smart classrooms, Interactive Language Laboratory, Computing Laboratory, Science Resource Centre etc.
Conferences, Seminars and Workshops:
- Organizations of Conferences, Seminars and Workshops:
The College shall make an effort to get acquainted with the emerging techniques and trends of the contemporary field of knowledge and industrial developments by inviting academicians, industrialists, subject experts from other institutions and universities.
- Deputation to Seminars and Workshops:
College shall depute the faculty to participate in seminars and workshops based on curricula.
- Development of Linkages:
To execute new curricula, the College shall develop linkages with academic institutions and industries. The college shall initiate academic collaborations with some institutions, industries and organizations like-
Assam Branch of Indian Tea Association (ABITA)
District Sports Authority, Dibrugarh
Moreover, DHSK College has signed MoUs with a number of International, National and Regional News Agencies for academic collaborations.
Curriculum Design and Development:
- Active Participation in Curriculum Design and Development at College Level:
Faculty shall actively participate in curriculum designing and development of affiliated certificate, diploma, bridge and remedial programmes. The College shall accept competence enhancing curricular strategies by starting multifaceted, comprehensive, well designed curriculum for promotion of excellence, value addition and contextual relevance by providing utility, access, relevance, service and preservation and promotion of heritage.
- Academic Flexibility:
The Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) shall be continued as per the Affiliating University Guidelines and implemented in a meaningful way. The College shall request the affiliating university regarding additional range of programme options, course options, course combinations, number of applied component groups, certificate and diploma programmes, bridge and remedial programmes.
- Innovations to be introduced in Admission Process and Student Profile:
Attendance of student for each lecture shall be maintained and reported to the designated committee. The students having more than 75% absentee shall be identified and their attendance report shall be communicated to the parents and necessary action shall be taken against them according to rules.
- Strengthening of Innovations and Discipline in Teaching-Learning Process
- Faculty Handbook:
A Faculty Handbook shall be prepared and provided to each faculty containing planning of the workload, time-table, lectures available and synopsis of every lecture / practical. It shall also include certification of completion of syllabus at the end of term / semester and academic year. Faculty Handbook shall be checked by the Head of the department and endorsed by the Principal, periodically.
- Students’ Friendly Environment:
As a policy, creation of students’ friendly environment within or outside campus is the top priority for benefit of the students particularly those having rural background to develop their confidence level.
Strengthening of Innovations in Teachers’ Quality
- Organization of Seminars / Workshops / Faculty Development Programmes:
The college shall continue the efforts in organizing seminars / workshops / faculty development programmes collaborating with UGC, DST, DBT, NGOs, GOs etc. for improvement of quality of faculty.
- Deputation to Seminars / Workshops / Faculty Development Programmes:
The college shall continue the policy to depute faculty for seminars / workshops / FDPs organized by other institutions at different levels.
- Evaluation of Teachers by the Students:
The college shall strengthen the system of evaluation of teachers by students by filling in prescribed questionnaire, which enable teachers to develop a sense of accountability, confidence, readiness to receive criticism, develop openness, sense of self-analysis and accept the situations to get better their performance in teaching. Review of feedback of students’ evaluation of teachers shall be considered and suggestions shall be given to the teachers for their improvement.
The teacher-evaluation system shall benefit the students for development of listening and observation skills, analytical ability, understanding the aspects of teaching and learning, social responsibility, critical approach, consciousness about the process of teaching and learning, development of confidence, socially conscious and self-esteem.
The informal feedback from students shall also be taken about teaching-learning system of the college.
- Self-Appraisal of Teachers
- a) The College shall strengthen the self-appraisal system of teachers, which shall enable them to realize their academic standard and engage them in various activities to excel in their academic performance.
- b) Periodical meetings of the faculty shall be conducted for taking feedback about teaching and evaluation and checking its adherence to the lecture plan.
- c) College have the suggestion boxes, where students deposit their suggestions. These suggestions shall be scrutinized, periodically, and taken into account for further improvement.
- d) The college shall continue the policy of felicitating and rewarding the faculty on their achievements in academics, social as well as personal life.
Research, Innovetion and Extension
As our college is an affiliated, multi-faculty, undergraduate dominated, with a few postgraduate programmes, we have a plan to promote and to inculcate research aptitude amongst learners and faculty by evolving micro level supporting, incentive based systems.
- The College shall continue conducting regular meetings of the Research Committee to identify the research potential, to promote the research and to prepare the research proposals.
- The college shall continue providing small scale one time research grants to faculty members for action based research.
- The college shall make continuous efforts to obtain research grants from funding agencies such as UGC, ICSSR, DBT, DST, University etc.
- Academic infrastructure such as instruments, laboratories, ICT facility, Library, INFLIBNET and other requirements, as per needs for carrying out research activity shall be enhanced.
- College shall continue promoting collaborative research associations with universities, industries and institutes.
- Sports facilities shall be extended to NGOs and other associations.
- The art playground shall be developed which shall be opened for utilisation of the fringe areas as well.
- A Gymnasium shall be developed.
- An Indoor Stadium shall be constructed.
- Physical training to the alumni and candidates appearing for police and defence examinations shall be made available by the department of NCC.
- The college shall provide help in maintaining the law and order during festivals to the Police department with the help of department of NCC.
- Workshops shall be organized on acting for the orphans.
- Blood Donors’ directory shall be prepared under the in-house organization Raktapravah. In time of emergency the blood shall be donated to the needy patients at free of cost. A MoU will be signed with Assam Medical College regarding regular Blood donation by the members of the College community and providing blood to the people of the adopted villages by the AMC blood Bank.
- Training programmes shall be organized on communication skills to the teachers of primary, middle and high schools by the Department of English.
- Computer Literacy Programmes for disadvantaged School Students, shall be organized with the help of the Department of Computer Science.
.Infrastructure and Learning Resources
Perspective Plan as regards to Infrastructure and Learning Resources shall be based on following strategic policies:
- Continuous improvement of infrastructure and learning resources.
- Development of additional infrastructure and learning resources.
- Availability of adequate average area of infrastructure per student.
- Continuous efforts to obtain grants for infrastructure development.
More specifically, practices of institution in respect to provision of infrastructure and Learning Resources shall be as follows:
- Construction of a State of the Art auditorium.
- Construction of a Guest House
- Construction of an Open Air Theatre.
- Construction of Post Graduate blocks preferably for all departments.
- Construction of New Administrative Building.
- Establishment of an office of the Examination Branch
- Construction of a New Girls’ Hostel Building.
- Installation of a Central Instrumentation Facility.
- Development of Teachers’ Common Room
- Renovation of Kitchen and Dining Hall of Boys’ Hostel.
- Starting a Book Shop in the College campus.
- Augmentation of old Classrooms with all the modern facilities.
- Establishment of a Botanical Garden.
Student Support and Progression
- All the meritorious students from academic, NSS, NCC, cultural, sports and research activities shall be felicitated by offering cash prizes, mementos and certificates.
- Additional library cards shall be provided to meritorious students.
- Sport shoes, kits and other essential articles shall be provided to the students which shall involve in sports activities.
- Special coaches shall be invited for different games to train the students and promote the sports.
- Professionals from cultural field like choreographers, directors, musicians and artistes shall be invited to guide the students for promotion of cultural activities.
- The college shall organize workshops on dance, music, theatre, fine art and literary, every year.
Governance and Leadership
Democratic and transparent organizational structure shall continue to be provided to direct access for free flow of ideas.
Staff welfare schemes shall be strengthened.
An Effective internal control, monitoring mechanism and statutory audit on time of the accounts.
For effective Financial Management following steps shall be taken:
- Growth oriented budgetary allocation shall be made.
- Continuous efforts to obtain grants from funding agencies such as DBT, DST, RUSA, ICSSR, NEC, OIL, NRL, ONGC, ABITA, state and central governments etc.
DHSK College has an effective Quality Assurance Cell that works under the guidance of the Principal for effective implementation of curricular and extra-curricular activities. The institution is sensitive to the changing educational, social and market demands. The college follows several practices to promote value based education and to inculcate civic responsibilities among students. The teachers are committed for all round development of students and shall strengthen it further.
- Focus shall be on innovative efforts in its academic growth. It shall be ensured that the institution displays sensitivity to changing educational, social and market demands, promotes ambience of creativity and innovation by adopting quality management strategies in all academic and administrative aspects. This is essentially required to build the Institutional image that shall not only keep the students happy and satisfied but also attract the students from far and wide.
- i) The College has a First Aid Centre and association with Aditya Hospitals and Research Centre in terms of Health services. College shall try to achieve an Ambulance for its own and community services.
- ii) A College Health Care Fund shall be formed to provide one time financial help for treatment of students, teachers and non-teaching employees of the college.
- iv) The College has a Health and Hygiene Committee and Flood, Cyclone, Earthquake and Fire Committee to enable fast and temporary Health services and logistic and other assistance to the destitute in natural disasters.
- v) Daily Cleanliness programmes will be Continued and periodical cleanliness drive be organized in the neighbouring areas of Dibrugarh town as part of the Swachch Bharat Mission.
- vi) The Institution’s efforts to promote value-based education, social responsibilities, communal integrety and good citizenry through various programmes. The IQAC of DHSK College proposes to introduce Communicative Assamese Classes for the non-Assamese people of Dibrugarh township as a volunteer basis.
vii) The College shall enhance renewable energy options in near future.
- Development of friendly relationship with nearby colleges and institutions in Academic, Cultural and Sports activities.
- Introduction of different Skill oriented certificate courses.
- Establishment of an Indoor Stadium.
- Establishment of an Open Air Theatre.
- Foundation of a Green House.
- Construction of a new Library Building.
- Continuation of the gender friendly ambiance.
- Creation of awareness in Environment issues.
- Initiation of various courses as suggested by NEP.
- Establishment of a Gymnasium.